Friday, January 12, 2007

I know you are but what am I?

I have been out of sorts this week. Not ill. Not upset. Not the same. Out of sorts. I love expressions like that. Ones that mean exactly what you want to express. I am out of sorts.

My road rage is up higher than usual, I have had 2.5 headaches and I feel a little whingey. I actually found myself shedding a tear over the "Home and Away" trailer - looking back at Sally's life and the big question of "will she survive?" AND I DON"T EVEN WATCH IT!!!!! Random phone calls, left messages, texts not replied to - these have left me in a muddle, too many choices and lack of IT expertise have meant I still have not purchased a computer and my inability to produce an authentically stereotypical Italian accent have made way for one or two anxiety episodes. Oh it may sound trivial to you dear reader, but this is my life dammit!

On the flip to that however, our return (by "our" I am referring to the cast of Scrabble Unscripted) to the Melbourne International Comedy Festival has been confirmed and accommodation even booked! Brilliant. Now I just need to break the news to my employers.

I am reaching that fork in the road, where I know the job may have to go. (Not before I have purchased a damn laptop though!) I think I am being looked over for things because I have to work....and being out of the loop is both frustrating and destructive....because when you are out of the loop, you start thinking about all the things you are missing, but really, its only your imagination, because of course, since you are out of the loop, you have no real idea of whats happening in the loop - and more than likely, what you have imagined is going to be so much more dramatic than the truth....but you will never know, because you are out of the loop....

And out of sorts.

2 comments:

Jean_Therapist said...

Sorry to hear that you are out of sorts. Hope that you will be sorted out soon. Sorted out and looped in. But not loopy.

Not that I think you ARE out of the loop. I'm pretty sure you are right in the middle of the loop. The knot of the loop. Not the loop, but in it.

I have always been out of the loop. Outlooped like Ned Kelly, though he was hanged in the end, so I suppose you don't get more in a loop than that.

klad said...

I too am sorry to hear you're out of sorts. Of course, this was half a week ago and chances are you're in all sorts of, well... sorts.

Suffice it to say, I know exactly how you feel... or felt. I feel a rant coming on!