Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Pass the paper bag please.

I just got an email from Susie - "Fringe applications close June 13th" - and just like that my breath has been knocked out of me.

When did I become so anxious? I mean, its usually as a result of something exciting about to happen, but still, I could do without all the panic attacks.

Looking back on past posts, I can see them all lined up - anxiety over travel (to exciting destinations where friends and adventures await), over shows (that see happy revellers laughing and enjoying themselves at festivals around the country), over my job (which pays the bills, serves the community and gives me paid leave for things like the travelling and the shows), over men (who surprise me romantically on my birthday and give knee trembling kisses and reasons to grin like a foolish fool) - its a little disturbing.

And what with the long weekend coming (the man), August around the corner (the travel) and the Melbourne Fringe festival (we should really start writing that show) I am not sure my nervous system can survive all this good fortune!

AND WHY DO I STILL HAVE CHEST PAINS???????

No comments: