Tuesday, December 15, 2009

"Health kick!" or "How I became a moody so and so."

It's been well over a year now, since I started taking a hard line approach to my health and fitness. Something about spiralling into my mid-thirties and my growing appreciation for fashionable clothing had lit the fire under my wobbly arse and I have really started making an effort.
Things have been going well - if appearances are to go by - but can I just say, though most will wax lyrical about all the benefits of a healthier lifestyle (and yes, there are many) no one really tells you about all the shite things.
Like how freakin hard it can be. How moody you get. Oh and what's that? Constipation you say? Well I never. Oh but yes, wait a minute, I did.
And sweat. Oh yeah no pain no gain right? Well, that pain also comes in the form of pyshcological suffering - being the smelly lady in the supermarket checkout queue for example. The red faced smelly lady. Yep, that is me, most evenings, around 6pmish.
I must admit though, I do love my smaller pairs of jeans and there is a lot to be said for the benefits of visible cheekbones.
Cheese dreams are something of a forgotten past and I have not had chocolate in God knows how long. (6 weeks, 4 days and 18 minutes).
I must say I have a Toblerone on my desk - a Christmas gift from a work colleague - and it remains in the gold wrapping a whopping 6 days since I received it. But I could very well punch someone in the face should they ask me about it. Actually even if they don't ask me about it. In general, I could just punch someone in their stupid face.
I think it's time I regift the Toblerone. Stupid Toblerone. Fancy Triangle chocolate fancy schmancy stupid face punch.

3 comments:

Alice said...

Regifting is a great tool for sanity. Very Buddhist.

Apparently in Italy, they mark their Pannetone when they give them away to see if they get regifted around enough to return home.

Amanda Buckley said...

You make the world make more sense Alice! xxx

keira said...

For the record, I'd really enjoy watching you punch someone in their stupid face. But if you don't, it's all good - you're already kicking some arse!