Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I am Woman, hear me whine.

I am worried I am becoming a jealous person, so I looked up the meaning of the word jealousy. Just to make sure.

1. jealous resentment against a rival, a person enjoying success or advantage, etc., or against another's success or advantage itself.
2. mental uneasiness from suspicion or fear of rivalry, unfaithfulness, etc., as in love or aims.
3. vigilance in maintaining or guarding something.
4. a jealous feeling, disposition, state, or mood.

The thing is, I am a woman, with a vivid imagination and a tendency to lean toward the melodramatic. I would like to think these are interesting qualities of mine and that it all adds to my allure. I would like to think that. Not everyone else does.

If left to my own devices, I will indeed imagine the worst case scenario, in which either everyone dies and I never got a chance to tell them I love them, I hate them, I was the one who stole the cookie from the cookie jar OR I die, never giving others the chance to tell me they love me, they hate me, they prank valentines day'ed me three years in a row.

So my advice to most is either be prepared for my melodramatics, or don't leave me to my own devices.

After all, I am a woman. Apparently. And this is my birth right.

(I apologise to all the women out there who fought for my right to carry on.)

No comments: