Wednesday, June 28, 2006

10 weeks and counting!

I must be crazy. Or bored. Or just so free from commitment that I feel the need to justify my carefree ways by doing something carefree. Because that is exactly what I have done. Or decided to do. As in I have decided to do something carefree....

After an early morning phonecall from the other side of the world, I have been coaxed to spend a paltry sum of dollars and get my behind over to Dublin in order to join some friends for a weekend in Venice.

Talk about an adrenaline rush....within 24 hours I have booked five flights (heck - if I am going to Dublin, I might as well visit my mate in Amsterdam and end the trip with a London West End show - you'd do the same surely.) Now, I just have to sit and wait for the time to pass and pack my things for the "AB Lightning Tour!" I cannot wait.

In the meantime, I think I am reaching a fork in the road, or a corner that needs turning or something. I am incredibly restless at the moment. Slightly disatisfied with administration work - don't get me wrong, I still get excited by a cleared "in tray" - but the rewards are few and far between....I kinda feel like everything should be moving at a very fast pace and that there are things in the post, alas, I am a tad on the stagnant side of motion at present with the only promise of excitement being the end of financial year....

Thank god for the passing of time and the countdown of ten weeks until the Lightning Tour....

Maybe I should stop listening to Morrisey for a while. Now where did I put that Funky Soul Sister CD???

No comments: