Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Positively Negative

I had my first ever pregnancy scare this week.

It was not so much that I thought I was pregnant but that I thought about "being" pregnant....and I was frightened.

I am so completely committment-phobic that the idea of being pregnant, which would ultimately suggest a man in my life, brought on a panic attack of sorts.....I am sure one day I will meet someone that I am so enamoured with that I will look back on my thoughts of today and laugh.....but not yet.

Meanwhile, my days of carefree splendour continue and the countdown to the "AB: Lightning Tour" is on - 17 days to go.

2 comments:

Deek Deekster said...

My GF is also very committment-phobic. I have explained to her that she won't notice the pregnancy or the birth (because of the drugs) and that she will be believe that she's had a bad accident and been in a coma for some months, that she's recovering now, all will be fine, and that the little guy I am hanging out with now is nobody she needs to worry about. When the child is old enough to understand that Mother is scared shitless of maternity, I'll introduce the concept of reverse parenting and take it from there...

Amanda Buckley said...

Logical, practical AND comforting. I wonder, have you a single brother?