Friday, July 14, 2006

The Daily Chent

My friend Lee Rainbow invented a word - chent. It is a verb meaning to chat and vent at the same time.
Here is my chent today:

1) I found another grey hair today. This scares me as I colour my hair, in fact I have not had my natural hair colour since 2001 when I shaved all the coloured hair off, and that only lasted until my hair was long enough to colour again....my point? That I could be walking around with a full head of grey hair and don't even know it!

2) I had to prove to a work colleague today that the word "mischievious" does not actually exist and that he has been mispronouncing "mischievous" (like SO many others) his entire life. Mrs Lawler had zero tolerance for that mispronunciation, a lesson at age 14 I would never forget.
Thank you Mrs Lawler.

3) In my workplace I have to walk through a MALE change room to get to the rest of the office - surely that doesn't sound so bad. Well, considering the fact that most of the 60 men I work with are my fathers age, I would have to say that walking in on the daily shower run is not an event I try to stage - indeed, I could very well be put off men for the rest of my hair-greying existence if I have yet another run-in with a shirtless colleague ....

That is my chent for today. Thanks for letting me get a few things off my chest. I feel better. I hope you do too.

No comments: