Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Dear Julia - I am sorry.

I am not normally a competitive woman. That said, if I am going to be competitive, it would usually be over something that I would have a pretty darn good chance in winning. If by chance it was a competition with one particular being, chances are that being would be a person that I have met or am realistically competing against.

Julia Davis does not know me. Nor does she know that I even have a grudge with her. Well, its not a grudge really, its just that she is the girlfriend of the man I love. Well, when I say love, I mean, you know, the kind of love you have for a man you have never met but have seen on the tele and think he is a bit of alright.

Julia Davis is the girlfriend of Julian Barratt, from The Mighty Boosh. My first reaction (because of course one does have a reaction upon hearing the news that some guy they are never likely to meet is dating a woman they are never likely to meet and so never really having any impact upon their life at all) was to think that surely a couple who share the same shortened name ie. Jules, would never last. Then I had to question what it was he could possibly see in her.... and then well, I found out.

Wanting to know who had won the affection of the man that I would never marry (or even meet) I did a google search (what? We ALL do it) and was directed to the television series Nighty Night. My questions were answered.

Julia Davis is goddamn hilarious. And a bit of a comic genius. If we had of met under different circumstances (well, if we had even met)I am sure we would have been friends. I feel I may even owe her an apology, as quite frankly, I was well out of order to doubt that Julian Barratt could possibly be with anyone else.

So let me take this opportunity to apologise - I am sorry Julia. In fact, without sounding too schmaltzy, you are my hero. When I grow up I want to be just like you. Nighty Night is up there in my list of all-time funniest and cleverest things to be entertained by. You rock. I am sorry. I hope you and Julian are very happy together.

Mea Culpa
Amanda

No comments: