Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Just another day....

September 26th - an example of an ordinary day in the life of me...

I awake at 6am to find I have slept with a cockroach. Well, a dead cockroach that I believe fell from my ceiling at some stage during my slumber but was kind enough to fall on my bed....a pleasant awakening I assure you.

Work - 7am. All seems to be going swimmingly and I make the grand discovery thanks to google of the book "How to Catch and Hold a Man," by Yvonne Antelle. It is pure gold, full of insights and advice such as "Keep thinking of yourself as a soft, mysterious cat.... Men are fascinated by bright, shiny objects, by lots of curls, lots of hair on the head ... by bows, ribbons, ruffles and bright colors.... Sarcasm is dangerous. Avoid it altogether." Amen sisters.

I receive an email confirming that I have been cast in an upcoming new and exciting promotional campaign - fantastic news and I am very chuffed.

My agent calls and I have an hour to bluff my way out of work and get to an audition - my agent is more than vague about this .... all I know is the where and when I am meant to be audititioning....oh the mystery.

I make the audition and hoorah indeed, I have just auditioned for the role of "fatty in the mirror". No word of a lie. I indeed went for a casting that was merely me standing looking at the mirror....as the "before" shot. My pride and what I have left of my dignity are feeling a little bruised....can I possibly contemplate a gig that has me being the "before" lady for all the world to see for a measly fist full of dollars???? (well, yes .... I have to pay for next years "lightning tour" somehow!)

Now, back at work, avoiding actually doing any work by posting a blog entry....in half an hour I drive off to visit my friend in the burbs for dinner at the local "Bowling Club" - it is Tuesday afterall.

Oh yeah, and I found ANOTHER grey hair. Damn.

Sigh. Just another day....

1 comment:

Amanda Buckley said...

How thoughtful is that....I mean, a complete stranger offering me advice - AND opportunities! And people say there are no selfless acts anymore....but askinstoo? How come I cannot read your profile?????