Friday, September 15, 2006

Sleep is for the weak!

Yes, Jon Bon Jovi makes a fine fine argument. Indeed, I am currently in Dublin, almost at the end of my lightning tour....its just not enough time - but its better than no time at all.

I have way too much to say to put into an entry in an internet cafe - particularly when surrounded by the local youth that seem to frequent this place almost nightly, logging on to chat rooms and typing WAY faster than I - ahhh, my own youth, how I miss you.

One thing though is my determination NOT to be tired. With such limited time with my friends here and within this city that I love so much, I am trying hard to look sleepiness in the eye and tell it to be gone! Alas, I fear I will be carrying more bags under my eyes than actually on my back for the flight home.

Sleep is a funny thing. I am acutely aware whilst sleeping of all the different sounds and smells of the cities I have been so briefly in these last two weeks - but have been suffering a few nightmares. In particular I had a sleepy encounter with the undead in the back canals of Venice - very creepy....and my old nemesis of sleep - the chikd catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is back - Maaaaaan he creeps me out. Luckily, I intend on not sleeping much at all for the last four nights abroad - like Jon says - I'm gonna live while I'm alive and sleep when I'm (un)dead.

2 comments:

Jean_Therapist said...

Hallo Amanda! This vaguely stalkerish hunting down of your weblog is brought to you courtesy of Lee's blog and my upcoming Thesis Due date.

I know where you live! (In a completely metaphorical way)

Alice Fraser

Amanda Buckley said...

I am cool with that.....seriously. Can I call you the denim doctor? I have a photo of a restaurant called Gilgamesh that I took in London - Camden, purely for you, so maybe that too is a little stalkerish???