Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Stop. Nanna-Time.

I had mentioned in a previous post that I have begun to prematurely Nanna. By that, I mean, I have noticed some behavioural changes that lean toward the inner senior citizen in me. I have every confidence that my inner child still exists, I am just worried that the senior citizen (pushy as they can be) will start calling all the shots.

For instance, I am an early riser - not by nature, purely due to my job, however, I find it increasingly annoying to sleep in and "miss half the day" now. My body clock (after nearly 6 years of training) wakes me up, on weekends, even after a very late night, by 7am every day. Not a problem if you can merely roll over and go back to sleep - not me. I start to think about putting on some washing or going for a walk - mostly I just end up reading, but still, that's a Nanna thing.
I also think nothing of having dinner at 5.30pm. Again, this is mainly for convenience, as I would only do this if I had something else on that night and I would not get home till really late ... But still. Dinner with Deal or No Deal - that's a Nanna thing.
I would rather put on all of my clothes at once than put on a heater, I am scared of teenagers, I do not understand Emo, I have a freezer full of bananas just waiting to be made into bread - ALL NANNA THINGS and last night was the most Nanna of all. I found a Woody Allen movie a little too disturbing to watch just before bed. Make no mistake, I was enjoying it no end, its just as it neared midnight and the film neared its climax, I begun to get so anxious that I could not watch it anymore. I had to pour myself a glass of port, watch some mindless American "dramedy" and put myself to bed. This is a Nanna thing. Where has my spunk gone? My pluck? Apart from the obvious reasons, why do I find CSI so offensive? Its the Nanna in me.

And she's got me scared.

Must be time for another tattoo!

No comments: