Monday, June 04, 2007

Monday Monday

I like Mondays. I know most people are all like, "Maaaaan, I hate Mondays", "did I even have a weekend?", "I just couldn't get up today", "can't it be the weekend already?"..... etc etc.
Not me.
See in my mind, Monday is still close enough to the weekend to have "memory flooding back" syndrome. I will be sitting at work, daydreaming away (which is fine for a Monday because all the Monday haters - most people - don't expect much work to get done, simply because its Monday, so I can sit in a daydreaming state with little interruption) and I couldn't be happier.
Muscle aches remind me of make-shift lounge room dance floors, yawns remind me of late night chatter and the constant refrain "how was your weekend?" reminds me of just how good a weekend I have had.
So, on this particular Monday, I am all smiles and far away looks and the memory flooding back syndrome has been kicking in all day. And thats why I like Mondays.

Tuesdays on the other hand? Thats another story....

5 comments:

Jean_Therapist said...

Mondays I have fridays on my mind...

As the eagles said.

In this case, my aches are reminding me of a 4k race on saturday, which was astonishgly fun for what is essentially masochism, and then tea with friends and hanging with my twin on sunday and then Mondays I have mornings free, so the weekend stretches until 2 and then land law with a lovely old chap called 'peter butt'. Then I teach, which I love. Then choir in the evening. Tonight, I work again after choir. Then to bed.

At some point I should really factor study into my schedule...

Tuesdays starts with admin at 8am, so as you say... a different matter entirely.

Anonymous said...

"Don't Rock the Boat"
"Working 9 to 5"
"Do The Hustle... do it"

Secksay Dance!


(psssst Jean - it was the Easybeats who sung Friday On My Mind)

klad said...

I, too, endorse Mondays - so much so that I even once wrote a similar post to yours!

But I do also like Tuesdays because someone somewhere, whether it's me or not, is seeing a cheap movie at the cinema - and that thought makes me happy.

Wednesdays are my "different matter entirely"...

Jean_Therapist said...

Noo, Wednesdays are the glory day, the peak of human achievement is always at its point of highest pressure. When the world is bleak, the excesses of mankind are stripped from him, and the raw courage and strength and compassion of the greatest is laid bare.

Amanda Buckley said...

And you can also make all those "hump day" jokes on Wednesday.....


Hump day. Hilarious. Coz you know, hump day! I mean, it doesn't get better than that.

Peter Butt. Awesome.