Tuesday, August 07, 2007

In response?

This is an excerpt from an email conversation I have had today.
I had been asked "where are you going and why?". My reply was "Edinburgh and Dublin, for the Fringe Festival to check out shows and then on to visit friends."

This was the reply I got:

Yes - have been to both cities. Edinburgh in 1974 and Dublin around the
same time - spent Easter there with a friend who lived in the gate house of
the Guiness mansion. My daughter had a birthday party and all the kids in
the village (NEAR Dublin) came to it. Also visited her inlaws who lived
in a very lavish house in County Wicklow. Even had real Picassos on the
wall. The woman we met there had written a book about herself and her
German husband, who had been involved in the July Plot to blow up Hitler -
and how they escaped. She was the daughter of an earle. The book was
later made into a T.V. series. Her name was (is?) Christobel Bielenberg.


And here I was expecting "have a nice time."

No comments: