Friday, November 10, 2006

I see dead people

Well, not people....although one day I may just decide to sit down and write about my whole "past life memory" thing that I have got going....but that is not for now.
No, what I mean is I see dead things. I did this morning anyway, and seeings as I live in the inner suburbs of Sydney, road kill should not be as common as it was today.

On my way to work this morning, at 6:45am on what would never ever be described a country road, I ran over the following dead things (let me make that incredibly clear - these were very dead, very squashed things):
1) a possum
2) a magpie
3) a cat

I was on a six lane highway with many vehicles around me so without the "swerve" luxury I would normally indulge in, I was forced to drive over these already very tragically dead animals.

Not the best start for a Karma Army Good Friday.....I feel the need to visit a petting zoo or similar to make amends with the animal kingdom.
Or maybe I will just not eat meat today.
Though I do feel like a Pauls Famous Hamburger for lunch.
Maybe I don't feel bad anymore - they were ALREADY dead afterall....and I mean, its not like a highway is any place for a possum anyway. Idiot animals. I mean, really, whats so important that they couldn't cross at the lights? - and the magpie??? HELLO!!! Whats the point in having wings????????????

I think I'll have a burger with the lot.

1 comment:

Brydie said...

oh, that is sad.
nothing makes my morning worse than dead animals.
my cat kills lizards and leaves them outside my door.
so, actually, nothing makes my mornings worsen than stepping on dead animals.