Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Waiting for life.....

Two days left.
Only two more days.
Then I will be 31.

I have LOVED being 30. I can honestly say that this has been the year of my life. This year I have:

Sorted out an apartment.
Wrote and performed a cabaret show.
Performed in two comedy festivals.
Entered a stand-up comedy competition.
Improvised a new play 7 times.
Filmed an ad for Japanese TV.
Filmed an online campaign for Yahoo!7.
Had two international guests stay at my house.
Visited four countries not my own.
Mended a broken heart.
Had my heart broken.
Met 3 men I thought were worth crying over.
Cried over two of them.
Said goodbye to a loved Nanna.
Welcomed a 2nd Nephew.
Made two new wonderful friends.
Strengthened some very important existing friendships.
Scared myself.
Rewarded myself.
Laughed. A lot.

I am sure that is just the tip of the iceberg.
I have very recently learnt that if I cannot understand myself at times, I cannot really expect someone else to. Not that I want to go all "confessional" but I'm feeling a little reflective this afternoon...what with the lack of work in my tray...my mind is wandering.

I have wanted to be in my 30's for the longest time, I was never keen on being in my 20's, but I think there is something around the corner that only my 30's could bring. This year was the start of me liking who I am, LOVING the community of friends and family I have and being ready to take a big swing at life. To start understanding who I am and what I want.

In two more days, my 30's will be here....I cannot wait.

1 comment:

klad said...

This post makes me smile - a lot. Very happy for you :)