Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Oh the Shame!




I have a loud laugh.
Its got more personality than I'll ever have.
It has more friends than me.
It even has better hair....and that's saying a lot, as I have damn fine hair if I do say so myself.
In a way, I loathe my laugh. I wish it would be more cute, more girly, more subtle, but no, its a "couple of Yugoslavians trying to start up a Volkswagen" if you believe what Ross Noble had to say about it.
Two nights ago, Benita Collings, Playschool host - mentor of my toddlering years, friend of Jemima and Big Ted - pilot of the ROCKET CLOCK - told me to "be quiet". Her and her friend even moved seats because of my "belligerent chuckle". I wasn't meaning to wage war, just show my appreciation for the hilarity of the impro I was viewing.
Perhaps, maybe just, there will be silence from now on.

.....

Probably not though.

4 comments:

Jean_Therapist said...

Wow! That's such a grinchy thing to do - berate someone for their laugh. Joy has no place in comedy!

klad said...

You'd think there'd be a kind heart inside this kids' TV icon. But apparently there's a bear in there.

Amanda Buckley said...

I love you both. Oh how I love you both.

&nbsp said...

hahaha you got yelled at by Benita. That's like making Monkey Magic cry.

Tell her you'll stop laughing so loudly when she starts doing funny theatresports and then bask in the paradox of it all.