Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Why I'm Annoyed

I am tired.
Very sleepy.
Tres fatigue.

This makes me a little sensitive. A portion emotional. A deal irrational.

I did not get a lot of sleep this week, which is more or less normal, what with my continuing obsession with the relationship between myself and the cast of the West Wing - come on Josh, tell Donna you love her - and the fact that I have a hard time saying no...which I kinda like. But I am, as a result, fragile today.

My normal routine when I get to work is, coffee, cereal, emails - early starts mean its OK to eat brekky whilst checking out your inbox, and this usually puts me in good stead for the day - not this morning however...

A certain man had been in my shared office space, a man who had a rather strong smell, so strong in fact, that full hour after he has left, I can STILL smell him. I felt like I was eating a bowl of sweaty weet-bix and nothing says annoyed like a headache brought on body odour. I think odour should be spelt oh-dear coz damn if I didn't vomit a little in my mouth.

Its not a great start to my day. Also, there is almost NOTHING to do at work today, making the next 6 hours appear to be very long indeed. We do not even have a sick-bay where I could maybe lay down for a bit and get my strength back. All I have is an endless supply of tea and my ever increasing frustration to keep me company. I do not envy my co-workers at all....I can feel a tantrum coming on.......

3 comments:

Benjamin Vogler said...

Amanda,

I wish I had a day with almost nothing to do at work :-) !

Anyway, thanks for leaving a comment on my Deilginis blog. Funny coincidence, isn't it? I totally agree with you, the Dun Laoghaire-Dalkey Walk is lovely - especially on a Sunday to cure a hangover...

Cheers,
Ahoj
www.cosmonication.com

klad said...

Totally not cool. Sometimes I really wonder if some people are born without a sense of smell. Or maybe their olfactory sense dies from overexposure to their own persistant, noxious BO.

It's a chicken-and-egg conundrum only solved with a strong detergent and a high-pressure hose (recycling the gray water afterwards, of course).

Jean_Therapist said...

Woe and alas. I think you should start an 'organic' scene. You know, with crawling on the floor and grunting.

But not with the sweaty man.