Monday, November 20, 2006

People....they rock!

My Father retired this year. After 45 years with the same company. Pretty extraordinary and not likely to be something I, or anyone of my generation will experience.
I had the pleasure of accompanying my Dad, along with my Mum, to his send off celebrations this week, a truly wonderful experience.
Something happens as you get older, you see your parents as people, not just protectors, providers or whatever else of the hundreds of things they are to a child. I was completely happy, proud and inspired to get a glimpse of the life my Dad leads away from his family.
It turns out, as I have always suspected, that he is respected, that he was a good boss, a great workmate, a wonderful friend...and most people think he is pretty darn good. Yes, as I always suspected, my Dad is a good man. A great man.

Here's to my Dad, Terry Buckley. My hero.

I have had a week of mixed reviews....up, down, you name it, I felt it this week. I finished this week high though, and happy, and relieved. People are so complex, so surprising, so unpredictable....I just love them. So if you're a person out there, look out, coz chances are, I have a little crush on you.

No comments: