Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Festival Crush

I LOVE a festival.
This weekend, I went up to Brisbane for the inaugural Brisbane Improv Festival - and it was GREAT!
There is something about a festival vibe. I have heard the comment "love in" before to describe them and its entirely true. People you haven't seen since the last festival are there, you all have something in common (usually just that you are there, but really, thats all you need!) and its a lot like a school camp. There is the late nights, cheeky laughs, in-jokes (RACIST!) and group bonding. The new friendships, inspired moments, personal highs (and lows) and best of all the glorious flirtations.

And here I am, back at work, bags under my eyes and one too many bruises the dead giveaway I have had a great weekend. The bruises will fade and I will eventually get some sleep....but the memory of "Winkles" the walking dog, two men wrestling at a bus stop, a peeping tom at the window and the magical wonderment of what goes on under a doona will have me giggling for a few days longer .... after that, its a raised eyebrow daydream away to keep me going until the next "love in"....

Edinburgh Fringe ... the nine week countdown commences ...

5 comments:

Brydie said...

I have a mad festival crush on the entire Wellington troupe.

Linda Calgaro said...

Hello lovely new friend!
Now that i've found your blog i'm going to stalk you because I fancy you (insert eyelash flutter here). Yay for festivals! Linda C.

Lliam said...

I errrr "ahem" hate to be pedeantic (for fear that you will "cut me") but I believe it was "Mittens" the amazing walking dog not "Winkles"

... please don't cut me.

Lliam said...

oh the irony - I meant "pedantic"

Amanda Buckley said...

Suck it up Amor!

(Actually, just so you know, Mittens was actually the witness to an horrific murder and has gone into protection - under the name of Winkles - so if anything happens to him, the blood is on your hands Sir!)