Monday, July 02, 2007

Karma Police

I spent most of last night face down on the floor making a lot of noise. Yes, I was performing in the Impro Australia "Imprano's" season at Belvoir St Theatre - and my mobster character was Anna Nicole Smith & Wesson (deadly with her double barrel - oh yes, the puns kept coming!)
Needless to say, I would be considered rather disrespectful toward this recently departed womans memory - I was trashy. I was messy. I was incredibly annoying.... the karmic balance though to this? More bruises. And aches. Falling over, repeatedly, in heels will eventually take its toll.

I am all about the karmic balance - and of late, I have been rewarded repeatedly for things I honestly would not know about. A whole bunch of happy fell into my lap over the last few months....and I can feel the darkness creep in....have I earnt all this good fortune??? I would not have thought so, indeed this means I had better start doing some good - and quickly....and I think its going to take more than a plasma donation (which look, while I am here, I would really recommend.....or maybe just blood - seriously, I mean, its once every three months - and it can save like three lives....unless you are pregnant, have a cardiac based medical condition or have lived in the UK for more than 6 months prior to 1996, then you cannot donate...just so you know)...

I have no reason to be suspicious...and yet, I am. Will it all come crashing down on me? Or can I give back enough to the powers that be in time to keep the goodness coming?

And does not throwing a tantrum in traffic count as a good deed?

3 comments:

Jean_Therapist said...

Eh, you were nice to me when I bothered you. That counts. And y'know, brightening peoples' days like a ray of sunshine entering a room and sending sweet sweet vitamin D into the shrivelled rickets-stricken hearts of the general populace

Amanda Buckley said...

Oh Alice...you always make the sun in my life shine brighter!!!! Girl crush right here!

(thanks babe!)

Jean_Therapist said...

Man. Back at you like a bajillion.