Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Dissolute and Mopey!

I received an email today from Australias No 1 Scrabble Champion, citing concerns over my blogs content, describing it as being dissolute and mopey.
To his credit he wished the universe be good to me so that I may have positive things to enthuse about....so, Edward, at the risk of seeming without morals or even wanton, I have decided to list the things that have made me happy and or enthusiastic this week.

*Being kissed on the nose by my nephews.

*Autumn and the approach of porridge season.

*The Beatles and the endless debates/discussions I can have with people about them. I love that most people will have an opinion. I LOVE when people have a strong opinion.

*Sending and receiving flirtatious text messages whilst sitting opposite my parents.

*Walking into my office and having people say "Here she is!"

*Touching Dieter Brummers six pack! (he works out)

*All my friends who helped me get over my sore neck....and helping to crack my back!

*Being a part of 5 great impro shows.

*Having a night off and spending it on the phone.

*Pfeffernuse. So fun to say and yummy to eat.

*My job and the fact that I don't know what I am doing and it gets a little harder everyday.....Learning is fun.

*The phrase "24 points of love". (Scrabble reference - thank you Ed).

*Serenading a woman at work who is getting married with "Enter Sandman".

*Susie Youssef and her endless ideas for shows and cabaret material.

*Running in a sun shower - bliss!

*When I mentioned to my manager that I had (well my blog had) been described as mopey, he made that raspberry noise and said "As if!"

It ain't much, but its a start surely.

Take that Edward.

3 comments:

Edward O said...

This post pleases me immensely.

Jean_Therapist said...

Woo!

Porridge season is indeed worthy of celebration. I must confess I rather jumped the porridge gun yesterday. What's your stand on alternative grains? (eg. barley or brown rice porridge?)

Don't worry. You can always destroy your scrabble friend's illusions by telling him that despite its misleading title, spelling isn't really magic

Amanda Buckley said...

I have never had brown rice porridge.....sounds good. I am all for grains in general - I say come all ye grains, test my limits!

Oh and I would never want to destroy Edwards illusions ... but that is an official smackdown!!!!