Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Kicking the Habit

I am an addict.

I used to smoke a pack of cigarettes a day.
I used to drink 12 cups of coffee.

The cigarettes were replaced with my biting of fingernails and the coffee gave way to copious amounts of tea. (well, if was good enough for the Beatles....)

Now its email. And texting. But a milestone has been reached. Yesterday I went a WHOLE DAY without sending an email or a text message. Yes, sure, I have gotten a wee hit this morning, but cutting down is surely progress, right?

I need to be distracted, to fill my time elsewhere....this doesn't necessarily stop me from thinking about sending emails etc, but its positive action surely.

More time going for walks perhaps? Yes, good walks - heightens the senses, good for the body and soul....only problem with exercise is my hair. Modern hair styles (layers you see) mean your hair, while fabulous and voluminous, is hard to tie up and out of your face, which is necessary for those Buckley miles I intend on undertaking. And really, its cold these days, that does terrible things to my hair... maybe I should stay indoors a little longer, until it warms up a bit....

Surely one email won't hurt?

1 comment:

Jean_Therapist said...

Alright then, so let's have tea!
Get at least one thing 'fixed'