Monday, July 23, 2007

A retraction, of sorts.

So I usually like Mondays. But not today. I would normally tut tut any Monday nay-sayers for their lack of vision. For their stereotypical negativity. Not today. Today I am with you all.
My kingdom to just crawl under the covers and stay there forever.

I had a very poor nights sleep. Nightmares galore. And I have hurt my back. So every jolt of fright that sent me upright was accompanied by a fair dose of pain. And here, at my desk, I am like a dodgy old lady...I could barely brush my hair. So I am like a dodgy old bag lady.

And just as I was sitting down to a bowl of porridge and cup of coffee to at least act as some sort of comforting hug to my morning, a guy kicked my desk - (well, he didn't mean to, he was retelling a sporting moment from his weekend) - knocking my coffee over and chipping my mug!
Sure, mugs come and go, but this mug was special. I bought it when I was in Scotland, in a little seaside village called Nairn. There were two types of mugs. Those that said "Happy" and those that said "Grumpy" - each came with its own little stick figure drawing reflecting their happiness or grumpiness. I chose "Happy". I have received a lot of criticism because of that mug.
"Oh rub it in why don't you!" grumble the smile police most Mondays.
Well now the mug is chipped. Happy now? Not really. Kinda grumpy actually.

So, just for today, here's to the Boomtown Rats.

I don't like Mondays either.

3 comments:

klad said...

Oh, I'm sorry your back is still giving you grief. And nightmares! You're very right to retract your support for Mondays. I'm retracting mine too - partly in sympathy, and partly because my throat hurts.

Still, the image of us "streaking" on the mezz last night may just get me through!

Amanda Buckley said...

"you gotta nude up if you wanna have it off...."
I was very proud to share that moment with you - I am pretty sure it was a Thelma and Louise moment, I was with ya all the way ;)

Here's to more of that in the not too distant future!

Jean_Therapist said...

I still love you! I have been nightmaring a bit recently, too. UNpleasant.

When shall we three meet again? (You, me and your awesomeness)